Letter - D
- Deciduous - Plants which lose their leaves and shut down seasonally.
- Dirt - Another name for soil.
- Dormancy - A period of no active growth for a plant, usually a response to environmental conditions.
Letter - E
- Embryo - Early development of a plant still inside a protective seed coating.
- Endemic - Plants that are found only in one area and nowhere else.
- Epidermis - The 'skin' of a plant or the outer protective layer.
- Evaporation - The process in which a liquid turns to a gas.
Letter - F
- Fertilizer - Nutrients, in one form or another, that are added to the growing medium to provide additional plant growth.
- Flora - The name given to plants that live in an area.
- Foliage - The leaves of a plant.
- Fruit - The seeds delivery system for many flowering plants.
- Fungus - Organisms that grow using a decaying matter as an energy source.